Mar 2, 2011

No Fun In BYU

BYU forward Brandon Davies has been suspended for the rest of the season for breaking this honor code. This puts even more pressure on the back of star Jimmer Fredette. With BYU currently ranked at #3, the highest in team, history, they will have to make it through the tournament without one of their leading players. My prediction is Elite 8 at best. There is only so far your team can go when all the weight is on a white guy who can shoot. Just ask JJ Redick and Andrew Bogut. And don’t give me that Butler crap from last year. It’s only once in a lifetime you get to see a bunch of white guys make it that far so don’t get your hope up.

Anyways, if you really needed any more proof that life in Provo, Utah was ZERO fun, check out this BYU Honor Code that all students must follow.
• Be honest
• Live a chaste and virtuous life
• Obey the law and all campus policies
• Use clean language
• Respect others
• Abstain from alcoholic beverages, tobacco, tea, coffee and substance abuse
• Participate regularly in church services
• Observe the Dress and Grooming Standards
• Encourage others in their commitment to comply with the Honor Code
What the hell is that!? I thought this was college, when it is the most socially acceptable time in your life to break all of these rules? That’s what being a grown up is called. All I know is that I broke just about all of that honor code bull shit in the time it took for me to write this blog. And guys, don’t hold your breath on a BYU-Girls Gone Wild edition. As for Jimmer, I feel like he has an inner bad ass that’s just itching to be unleashed. I think we all should have a drink or two for him cause I sure as hell know he isn’t having any.

No comments:

Post a Comment