Mar 11, 2011

Quit Whining



I'm getting emails left and right: Chip what the hell man where are the blogs?? My school day isn't complete without your fantastic analysis of Cleveland sports and pop culture. Wah Wah Wah. Well gimme a break, it's finals week here at OU. Anyways, I was in the process of either writing a player profile for the NFL draft, ripping the Heat to pieces because they suck (I dont give a shit they beat LA), crying about my Bobcats falling to Ball State in the MAC tourney last night (not that any of you care), or something else I hadn't considered yet. BUT, news just broke that the NFLPA de-certified a little while ago. I'll be honest about a few things: 1) after the two time-table extensions on negotiations I figured the Union and the owners were at least making some headway with the talks; 2) I refused to believe there would be a lockout or the Union would de-certify, not because I didn't think it would happen, but I hated to even consider it; 3) I have no idea what all this means, except for the fact that the players can now sue the owners in an anti-trust suit. It's tough to blog about this when I don't know all that much about the situation, and I'll be the first to say that. I know the gripe is about money, it seems like benefits and the 16 or 18 game schedule is all on the back burner. We'll see what happens in the next coming weeks, but it looks bleak. Excuse me, I'm going to dream about Superbowls, the NFL draft, TJ Ward crippling Jordan Shipley, and crushing Natty Light in the depressed state I'm currently in. Cheers



Editor's Note: the part about getting bombarded with emails is a complete lie

No comments:

Post a Comment