Mar 12, 2013

Free Agency Primer 2013

So as of now we have about six hours until free agency begins. That means I have six hours to write up this blog, which is comforting....I just stumbled upon some news regarding Paul Kruger, so I'll make this short and sweet.

Favorite Potential Free Agent Signing:

Jared Cook Jr., TE, Tenn.

I harped on Mary Kay Cabot all day yesterday for her describing Cook as "premier." The fact of the matter is, 1,700 yards and 8 TDs in four years is far from "premier." However, Cook has the skill set to more than flourish in Chud's offense. He's big, he's fast as hell (4.49 40 at the Combine in 2009), and he has good hands. I wouldn't be in favor of offering him Fort Knox, but if anyone has through-the-roof potential coming to the Browns' system it's him.



Least Favorite Potential Free Agent Signing:

Paul Kruger, OLB, Balt. 

Thanks for the help, bro!
Apparently my efforts are too little, too late here, since the Browns are rumored to be close to a deal with Kruger. I hate Chris Fedor as much as the next guy, but he had a great point about Kruger being overrated this morning. In six games without Terrell Suggs playing across from him, Kruger totaled 1.5 sacks. It wasn't until Suggs came back into the lineup and Kruger went on his tear and finished with 13.5 sacks. If this isn't a red flag that Kruger isn't a product (at least somewhat) of a tremendous supporting cast, I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment