Apr 19, 2011

Game #16: Random Indians Baseball Card of the Day

Before I make this post I'd just like to say I'm James and I just joined the blog.  As evident by my post on Chris Antonetti below, I will be primarily writing about the Indians, but I'll also have posts on NASCAR and college basketball, as well as dabbling in virtually every other sport, like posting my mock Browns draft.  Anyways, the card of the day:

2000 Bowman Sean DePaula


I remember this card and DePaula from the end of the 1999 season he debuted against the Angels and gave up 4 runs in 1/3 of an inning.  I remember Rick Manning claiming his blow up was just nerves and not the fact he was a 9th round pick 3 years earlier and the Indians are notorious for being horrible drafters.  Manning actually looked right when DePaula only gave up 2 runs in 11 and 1/3 innings the rest of the way.  However, Sean didn't make the Opening Day roster in 2000 and only appeared in a handful of games the rest of his career, all for the Indians.  He actually looks liked a serviceable according to his Baseball Reference page but for whatever reason he only appeared in 26 games in under 35 innings and never appeared in a major league game after 2002.  Here's to me buying this card for at least $.50 in 2000 thinking he was the next Paul Shuey, oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment